- Training Toys & Props
- Bendy Products
- Fiddle Items
- Stress Products
- Mood Setting & Participation
- Games for Active Learning
- Trainers' Essentials
- Marker Pens
- Giveaways & Prizes
- Books & DVDs
- Schools & Education
- Brand Your Goods
THE TRAINING SHOP
A. Who is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
For the purposes of UK and EU data protection laws, the data controller is The Training Shop Ltd. Our Address is Units 1 & 2 Sandpool Farm, Poole Keynes, Gloucestershire, GL7 6EA. For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
B. The Personal Data We Collect and when we collect it
We ask you for certain personal data to enable us to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events, contests or competitions, or interact with our site. This personal data may include your:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and address
- Login and account information, password and user ID if applicable
- Payment or credit card information (collected by our payment processor but not stored by us)
- Personal marketing preferences
We use additional personal data to enable us to activate features within our site. When using our site, data is automatically collected and shared with The Training Shop by the technology platforms providing the website.
Your web browser or mobile device, for example, may share certain data with us as you interact with the web site. More information about these practices is included in the Cookies section below. The shared data may include:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information
- Cookies, IP addresses, data identifying your web browser and version
C. Tools to Manage What We Collect
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares specific categories of information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
D. How and why we use your Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
To Process your Orders
We gather this information to allow us to process your registration, process any orders you may make, provide the products requested and deliver them to you. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of the goods or services in general. Our legal basis for processing this data is to perform the contract with you.
To Conduct Data Checks
When you send us your order, we (or our agents and sub-contractors) may run some checks on it before it is fulfilled. These checks may include verifying your address and fraud checks, some of which are partly automated checks on all purchases to filter out unusual or suspect transactions, or transactions which can be identified as susceptible to fraud. Suspected fraud on the site will be investigated and if necessary prosecuted. Processing this data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest in preventing non-payment or fraud.
To Provide the Features of the Site and Services You Request
When you use our site, we will use your data to provide the product or service you have selected. For example, if you make a purchase on https://www.thetrainingshop.co.uk or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. Your consent provides the legal basis for processing this data.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you create a user account, we may use the information you provide to send you personalised communications on products and services that may be interesting for you. You can withdraw your consent to receiving these communications at any time by simply unsubscribing. This option is provided in all electronic marketing communications.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
When you make a purchase, we may use that information for accounting, auditing and other internal functions. We may also use data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our site. If you add product reviews to our site, we may use that information to improve our products and the customer experience. Our legal basis for processing this data is that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests as described above.
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our site, and services to understand customer behaviour or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to https://www.thetrainingshop.co.uk search for and find products, to better understand the best ways to organise and present product offerings in our site. We use Google Analytics for this, and the customer data is anonymised.
If we want to use your personal data in other ways, we will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where the law requires us to do so.
E. Sharing of Your Personal Data
We share your personal data with:
- Our payment processors, Amazon Payments, Paypal and Sagepay.
- Our financial service providers, such as banks;
- Third party service providers processing personal data on The Training Shop’s behalf, for example to operate the site, process credit cards and payments, arrange shipping and deliveries, manage and service our data, distribute emails, carry out research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features; and
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation), to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and to the new owners of the business or assets.
F. Protection and Management of your Personal Data
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of security measures and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, except that we share your name, telephone number and physical address with our shipping and delivery companies for the purpose of making that delivery, and that data would not be encrypted by them. Also, the security of information transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
- International data transfers: The personal data we collect or generate in the context of our site will be stored and processed in the UK
- Retention of your data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if you request us to delete it or if required otherwise by law
- Payment or credit card data will be retained long enough to enable us to process refunds or chargebacks and to demonstrate compliance with relevant laws (usually a period of two (2) to seven (7) years)
- Login, account information and cookie preferences will be retained for as long for as we have your contact details
- Any marketing preference data that records your request not to receive marketing from us will be retained for as long for as we have your contact details
- Your rights related to your personal data: You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time
- Access your personal data free of charge (subject to certain legal limitations)
- Request rectification of data which is inaccurate or incomplete
- To request us to erase your data, in certain circumstances including where you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for processing your data
- Restrict our processing of your data, in certain circumstances
- Object to our processing of your data for direct marketing purposes
To modify your (e-mail) subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving communications from The Training Shop, please email us at email@example.com, log into your account preferences or use the unsubscribe link which will be at the bottom of any marketing emails sent.
G. Using The Training Shop site with Third-Party Services
Our site might allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital services. For example, our site can, subject to set up, integrate with third-party social networks and other digital services.
If you choose to connect your Training Shop account with a third-party account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your Training Shop activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our site may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our site. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes. This Policy was last modified in May 2018 to adhere to the requirements of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For updates which change or affect our practices in relation to personal data, you may be asked to confirm your consent. For additional information regarding GDPR please visit https://www.eugdpr.org/eugdpr.org.html
I. Supervisory Authority
The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’) is the designated Supervisory Authority of The Training Shop. If you feel your data has been processed unlawfully or you wish to make a complaint in relation to the processing of your personal data, please visit https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/. Alternatively, please make direct contact via firstname.lastname@example.org.
J. Questions and Feedback
We welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our Policy and privacy practices. If you wish to provide any feedback or if you have questions or concerns, please contact Consumer Services/Privacy at email@example.com.
Return to our home page https://thetrainingshop.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home